Sunday, September 22, 2013

Calvin Klein gel eyeliner and Maybelline Dream Fresh BB cream

Hey peeps!

If you've been following my blog, you may recall that in my list of procrastination techniques, I mentioned practicing makeup application, and that I was crap at applying eyeliner.

Hopefully that will be no more! I purchased some Calvin Klein gel eyeliner in cocoa sheen, and love it after my first application. I don't claim to be a makeup expert, but here's my opinion:


  • It's super smooth and creamy, and it was easy as to load up my brush
  • Goes on easy, and made a pretty good line
  • Colour was good on the skin, in the pot it looks like it has a bit of a sparkle to it, something you don't notice once it's on
  • Easy as pie to blend.
  • But, maybe not so great if you want a sharp, precise line.
For me the colour was great, I have golden blonde hair with dark green eyes, and black is a little bit harsh for my liking. The brown colour isn't that obvious, especially once you apply mascara. I will admit though, I didn't check reviews of the product until after I had bought it. From what the internet was saying, it was a crap eyeliner. Mine came new and unboxed so I didn't get the brush. All good in the hood though because I have my own set of brushes. If it had come with the brush, then I think this review would've been not that great: It's small and pathetic- click here!

So five stars for this eyeliner! Super pleased.

UPDATE: I wore the eyeliner today, all day (24/09/13) and found that it wasn't very long lasting. To be honest though, I'd been wearing from 6:00am til 4:00pm which a good 10hrs. I only noticed it had disappeared when I took it off. Not a big factor for me, purpose of my eyeliner is to cover up the blonde roots of my eyelashes. This is just mentioned if it bothers others :)

I couldn't stop with just applying the eyeliner though. I had to apply a full face of I'm-getting-drunk-tonight-and-maybe-a-little-slutty makeup, to get the full effect. I'd received a sample of the new Maybelline BB cream in the mail today so I substituted that for my usual foundation (Natio mineral liquid).

Ugh, wish I hadn't!

  • Far too dark for my skin tone, I almost turned oompa loompa like. It promised to 'blend in with your natural skin tone' Whatever, Trevor. It did nothing of the sort.
  • Was ridiculously thick! I used bugger all but it still looked like I'd caked it on
  • Not easy to blend in (I just used my fingers)
My normal foundation is a million times better than that BB crap. And girls go out every day with this stuff on!? This is only for the Maybelline stuff, though, I can't speak for other brands.

Negative stars times infinitely for this tar like substance.

Clearly I am not affiliated with Maybelline lol, if I were they'd sack my ass or sue me or something.

TTFN

M.F.S

(Which stands for MarineFantasyStudent. I like marine things, fantasy books/movies and I am also a student. WOAH. Haha.)





No comments:

Post a Comment