Friday, August 30, 2013

Yoghurt for dinner

These were my odd thoughts while I was eating yoghurt for dinner

The TV was blaring in the background, some war story, I think it was about the chemical attacks in Syria. Pictures flash across the screen, the warning 'some of these images may be disturbing' but how many of us really turn away? Anyway, so snips of footage show of children convulsing, blood, dilated pupils, with the accompanying heartbreaking symphony of screaming and shouting. Miserable depressing thoughts it gave me.

Then I jump on Facebook; all my fellow marine biology friends posting updates about the leak of radioactive water into the Pacific Ocean, no more eating fishes for you, they might have more eyes than you can count.

And more locally...

The GCSB bill-
Selling off assests-
Snapper quota-
Maui Dolphins-
..etc. John Key is basically kicking himself out of power.

I could honestly go on forever, murders, decline of animal populations, deforestation in the Amazon, rising sea levels, pollution.

And believe me, I care about every single one of these issues, and many more besides. Sometimes I think I care too much.
  So I savoured the tangy taste of passionfruit, and I thought- if all this can go on and I can still sit here and eat passionfruit yoghurt for dinner without being reprimanded or judged for it, then maybe the world isn't so terrible after all. Because who knows, maybe one day someone will be chucked in jail because they were found eating yoghurt for dinner, or red velvet cake for breakfast.

My point is, my lovely internet friends, is that we should always appreciate the little things in life, and take a positive spin on everything, because you don't know how much longer it will last.

TTFN,
M.F.S

No comments:

Post a Comment